At Gendros Primary School, our children follow the Read Write Inc. programme for literacy development.
What do the children learn in Read Write Inc. sessions?
- learn 44 sounds and the corresponding letters / letter groups using simple picture prompts.
- read lively stories featuring words they have learned to sound out.
- show that they comprehend the stories by answering 'Find it' and 'Prove it' discussion questions.
- learn to write the letters / letter groups which represent the 44 sounds.
- learn to write words by saying the sounds and graphemes.
- write simple sentences.
- compose stories based on picture scripts.
- compose a range of texts using discussion prompts.
Children are assessed so they work with children at the same level. This allows them to take a full part in all lessons.
They work in pairs so that they:
- Answer every question.
- Practice every activity with their partner.
- Take turns in talking to each other.
If you require further information about the Read Write Inc programme in our school, please feel free to contat our Read Write Inc Co-ordinator - Mrs Andrew.